Project Site: Quevo Industrial Park, Vanduong Communie, Quevo District Vietnam
V.S. Industry Berhad (VS) was founded in 1982 and listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad in 1998. Today, VS is a leading integrated Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider in the region, with proven capabilities to undertake the manufacturing needs of global brand names for office and household electrical and electronic products. VS is now ranked alongside the world's top 50 global EMS providers for 10 consecutive years from 2007 to 2016.
Together with V.S. Industry’s Hong Kong Stock Exchange listed subsidiary, V.S. International Group Limited, V.S. has advanced manufacturing facilities located in Malaysia, China, Indonesia and Vietnam, and collectively employ a workforce of more than 12,000 people. The enterprise offers one-stop manufacturing solutions to world-renowned customers from Europe, Japan and USA. Its extensive manufacturing services include plastic injection mould design and fabrication, a wide range of injection tonnage and finishing processes, large scale production of printed circuit boards, automated assembly and final processes of packaging and logistics. Its famous clients include Cannon, Brother, Nippon Seiki, and LG etc.
As the project is daily accessed by a large number of employees. In order to work efficiency, an effective attendance taking method is required. Also for security reason, to secure that the safety and privacy are not threatened, a reliable authentication method which prevents illegal and improper access must be deployed. However, it would be difficult to manually monitor all access verification and effectively perform attendance management to such a large scale of employees. Thus, a system that is able to provide both access control and time attendance functions with a large storage capacity while maintaining quick speed of attendance taking is crucial.
Our client also required that they would be able to centrally monitor the entire entrance control operation of all employees in the entire site, and all access logs are able to be reviewed anytime. Also, for the convenience of employee management, it is necessary to generate access control reports.
Access Control Software
Access Control Software
• The main entrance and the back entrance of the site are deployed with an access control system. It consists of 2 units of TS2000 tripod turnstiles, 2units of TS2200 tripod turnstiles, and an access control software ZKAccess 3.5 to perform central management.
• Each entrance is deployed with one TS2200 and one TS2000 tripod turnstiles. TS2200 with two tripod arms on its body sides are installed next to the walls, and TS2000 are installed next to the TS2200 to form 2-channel entrances which doubled the efficiency of verification process.
• All employees of the site are registered with their identities and are issued cards for verification.
• All cards are read by the card readers embedded in the tripod turnstiles. They are only eligible to access through the tripods to the areas they are authorized to after successful verification. They are also required to perform punching out for off-duty with their cards.
• All turnstiles are centrally controlled and managed by the ZKAccess 3.5 software for access records management.
• The TS2000 Series is a tripod turnstile series for compact and cost-effective entrance solutions. It is designed for smooth and silent operation, reducing power consumption, wear and tear, and is especially ideal for sites where a high traffic and robustness are issued.
• The iClock 680 fingerprint terminals deployed in the tripod turnstiles offer both access control and time attendance functions. With its quick speed of fingerprint verification, it is able to greatly reduce the time consumption for punching in and out.
• ZKBioSecurity 3.0 is deployed as the central management software of the entrance control system. It is an access control system management platform based on the browser/server architecture. Users can access and log in to the platform directly from browsers and view the verification conditions of all connected devices in real time on the browsers.
• ZKAccess 3.5 is a desktop software which is suitable for most access control application. The software can centrally manage devices and generate access control reports with flexible settings.