Project Site:Ha Nam, Vietnam
End User: Seoul Semiconductor
Seoul Semiconductor is the largest LED supplier and major enterprise of semiconductor in South Korea, develops and commercializes light emitting diodes (LEDs) for automotive, general illumination, specialty lighting, and backlighting markets. As the fourth-largest LED manufacturer globally, Seoul Semiconductor holds more than 12,000 patents, offers a wide range of technologies, and mass produces innovative LED products. Its ultimately pioneering technologies include Acrich, the world’s leading direct AC LED and a proprietary family of high-voltage LEDS; WICOP the world’s first mass-produced package-free LED; nPola, a new LED based on GaN-substrate technology performing 10 times brighter than conventional LED; DRIVERS, the world’s smallest LED driver, and; SunLike, the closest light to the Sun. It offers a wide range of applications of lighting, backlighting, flash LED and automotive.
Seoul Semiconductor’s investment project of the factory establishment for semiconductor and LED Ha Nam, Vietnam has been approved, which has been a project with the largest ever Korean investment in Vietnam. The factory is established in the Dong Van I Industrial Park in Ha Nam Province with an area of 7.5 hectares, and is expected to create approximately 3,000 job opportunities.
The factory is expected to be daily accessed by as a large number as 3,000 of workers. For security reason, to secure that the safety and privacy of the sites are not threatened, a reliable authentication method which prevents illegal and improper access must be deployed, and only employees of the construction site shall be authorized their access. Thus, a system that is able to provide large storage access control is important.
As a top enterprise, Seoul Semiconductor researches, develops and produces a great quantity of pioneering technologies and innovative products, and the related personnel, confidential information and production and manufacturing facilities are stored in the factory site. Thus, a feasible solution is a system that is able to instantly and effectively detect and recognize dangerous good including weapons in order to stop any potential threat to security of the factory.
Our client also required that they would be able to centrally monitor the entire entrance control operation of all employees in the entire site, and all access logs are able to be reviewed anytime. Also, for the convenience of employee management, it is necessary to generate access control reports of all workers on a monthly basis.
Biometric Access Control Software
Biometric Access Control Software
• The entrance of the entire construction site is deployed with 4 units of TS2000 Series tripod turnstiles. They are specifically TS2011 turnstiles which indicate that those turnstiles are embedded with controllers and card readers. For each TS2011 turnstile, a C3-200 access control panel and 2 KR100E are embedded.
• For access control and security purposes, all workers’ identities are registered and issued with cards for access to the factory area. Cards are loaded with staffs’ personal information and their specific access rights to the area.
• All cards and fingerprints are read by the readers of the tripod turnstiles. They are only eligible to access to the areas after successful verification of their identities and authorization.
• The 4 units of TS2000 tripod turnstiles are centrally controlled and managed by the ZKAccess 3.5 software.
• The access record of all workers is reviewable via the software with detailed information including the persons’ identities and time of access and exit. Access control reports with flexible setting are able to be generated by the software. Monthly reports are generated in this project upon the clients’ needs.
• Apart of the access control system, 3 units of walk-through metal detectors and 3 units of X-ray inspection systems are also deployed. After successful verification of the identity, workers are also required to walk through the metal detectors to ensure that no dangerous objects are carried, and have their personal belongings scanned.
• The TS2000 Series is a tripod turnstile series for compact and cost-effective entrance solutions. It is designed for smooth and silent operation, reducing power consumption, wear and tear.
• TS2011 tripod turnstile is embedded with C3-200 access control panel. With its ability to support up to 30,000 badge users and store op to 100,000 events and transactions, it is complete able to satisfy the clients’ need for a large-scale access control.
• Apart from access control panel, the TS2011 turnstile is embedded with KR100E card reader. KR100E is a Mifare card reader which offers up to 10cm reading range and a quick card reading time of 300ms, which enable it to perform large-scale access control management. Also, its IP65 index of waterproof and dustproof protection makes it an optimal choice especially factory applications.
• ZKAccess 3.5 is a desktop software which is suitable for most access control application. The software can centrally manage access control devices and generate access control reports with flexible settings.