Project Description :
Project Site : Wuhan, Hubei, China
As a global biometric verification enterprise, ZKTeco has been striving for providing safe and efficient products. Given the severe situation of the novel coronavirus infection, Leishenshan Hospital has been in response built as an emergency specialty field hospital in Wuhan China, with a total number or 32 areas for patient, 2 of which are for patients in critical condition and 3 for patients with severe symptoms.
As the premise is responsible for fighting against the epidemic, a reliable access control is critical. ZKTeco is honoured to provide a quick yet efficient solution to them.
ZKTeco was informed and required in February to provide an access control solution in the critical moment of the entire world against the virus, we were asked to complete the entire access control system of all areas of the Hospital within two days, given the large size of the size and the quantity of devices, it requires a system that is easily installed to save time yet reliable access control function.
As a critical premise handling patients who are highly infectious, any access leakage will cause serious hygiene crisis, all patients must be closely monitored and no unauthorized access should be allowed. Thus monitoring staffs must have close control of the entire site and have instant recognition in case any unauthorized access or exit occur anywhere, an efficient central monitoring system controlling all access control devices is required.
Access Control Card Reader
• 300 units of ZKTeco KR602E Access Control Card Readers and 200 units of C3-200 Access Controllers have been deployed at all access points of the entire site of Leishenshan Hospital.
• Considering the ultimately prioritized need of installation quickness, it requires a system as simple and direct as better, an easy-to-install KR602E wiegand card reader with keypad has been selected as it provides both card reading and password verifications to offer a certain flexibility.
• Each staff is issued with one card and a password for access.
• Generally, card issuing is a cause of inefficiency as it consumes more time and manpower than simply registering users’ fingerprints and face images. However, as the patients are not authorized to have access and exits on their own, thus it is not necessary to a large number of cards since only staffs needs card. Card and password verification hence become the best methods satisfying the requirements.
• All KR602E Readers are centrally connected to the C2-200 Access Controllers, and are centrally controlled by the connected computer system. All access control status can be reviewed anytime and access control reports can be easily generated.
• ZKTeco received the command of installation on 3rd February and finished the entire customization, testing and hardware installation process in 4th February for Leishenshan Hospital.
• The KR Series is the main accessories line of external wiegand readers for all our access control devices. Its reading range is up to 10cm (125KHz) / 5cm (13.56MHz). With an elegant and robust design, they are easy to connect and install, and offer the possibility to control one door from both sides. The reader is 125kHz proximity ID card number with wiegand output of 26bit.
• C3 series' versatile design features take care of present and future needs with ease and efficiency. It is one of the most rugged and reliable controllers on the market, with a multitude of built-in features.
• The C3 series control panel can communicate at 38.4 Kbps via RS-485 configuration or Ethernet TCP/IP networks. It can store up to 30,000 cardholders. SDK (Software Development Kit) is available for the customer to integrate the controller into existing access control software or to develop new software.